I am so excited about our little sprig plant. Hunny had mentioned that he wanted some greenery in the house but that it was somewhat expensive. Buy the plant, pot, soil. But one day I was at a friends house, a wife in the church branch, and she had a huge viney plant that I don't know the name to but know that Diane would. I asked if I could take a cutting. It would be free and it could grow for a while in water without having to buy a pot or soil. I was so excited! I took my new toy home and showed Hunny.
The same week if not the next day a friend of Hunny's needed us to plant sit for a while. So with the two new additions sitting on the sill, we felt pretty cozy. I had the sprig in a clear plastic cup of water for quite a while but the roots were barely moving. It wasn't dying, just being stagnant. Hunny got a great idea, we took one or two dirt clods from the potted foreigner and plopped them in the baby cup. The roots have since taken off and even a new leaf has sprouted. Oh just think of how well it'll do in really soil. I love that we got it pretty early in our marriage. I'm hoping to keep it and watch it grow with our marriage. To have somewhat of a tangible time counter.

Yay for greenery! We are starting a container garden this year, I'm excited about that. And! I decided my front door needed to be prettied up, so I bought a plant with pink flowers on it! :) Good luck with your cutting! Love R
ReplyDelete