May 27, 2011

Everland

So Hunny had Monday off and we decided to spend the day at a well talked about theme park; Everland. And what a beautiful day to go out. It was gorgeous! Since our car died we took the bus. We are pretty grateful for public transportation here. They are really good about having subways, buses, and last resort, taxi's. So we hopped on and arrived. It was pretty magical looking and even sounding. Thankfully, everything was in English which Hunny thought kind of surprising. We looked around and began to aimlessly explore our new playground. We went down a gondola and landed in the zoo area. I have only been to two zoos and haven't been able to see many animals such as polar bears, otters, and penguins so this was pretty exciting for me. I love animals. They are so cute. Well. except monkeys. I am not a fan of monkeys. And they had a whole village devoted to them. Oh and the orangutan was almost scary it was so ugly. The baby wasn't as bad though. They also had squirrels in the zoo, and a area for guinea pigs. Yup. Guinea Pigs.

There is a guinea pig in this zoo!
We went on a safari, sorta. We loaded on a zebra looking bus and rode around in an area where they were keeping all manner of wildlife. They had it set up where the lions and bears had to be in or really close to the road so as to be super close to the bus. It was pretty cool and exciting to be that close to them until towards the end we saw a bear that had a hurt paw. I began to wonder if I approved of this attraction. I'm thinking I don't. It is sad to pen up wild animals for our selfish entertainment and for their money. Anyway, we got done and I bought cute clip on cat ears. I really like them and I think Hunny likes them more. Since he can see them and I really can't. :P

We then meandered to a huge wooden roller coaster. Both Hunny and I love roller coasters. Well I LOVE them and Hunny is used to them since it is about the same flying a helicopter. The roller coaster was noted to be the steepest wooden roller coaster in the world. Not sure if I really believe them, except the drop off was almost tilted in past straight down. I didn't realize how steep it was till I was on it. All I saw was the climb and thought it was about the same but Hunny said no and pointed and when I saw it I wanted off. Why did I pick the very front seats? There was no way I was going down that! But we rounded the last bend and up went the hands. WWOOO HOOO!!! It was crazy awesome. I had never sat in the front of a roller coaster before. I had tears streaked back to my ears it was so fast. If the line wasn't an hour long we would have done it again. And mind you, it was a week day. I'm glad we didn't go on Saturday.

Grabbed some food before we starved and hit up some smaller attractions. A 4D Korean theater, a spooky 'rotating house' and while on the swinging boat we saw some of the rides we wanted had finally lit up. We raced over with our last remaining light and got in line for a smaller metal coaster. Unfortunately it set my pending headache over the edge with my ears beating the side holders. With not much time left and my sickness, we started to walking and looking around the gardens we had previously skipped. Currently a Rose Festival is going on. So we walked through the gorgeous rose garden. Went through a few shops. At one clone shop, I happened to find something that I hadn't seen previously that I wanted. Hunny told me no because it was either that or caramel popcorn, which is quite common in Korea. I had given up on popcorn since all the stands had closed a few hours previous. He just wanted to get out of spending money :P We happened across an open stand. But unfortunately it was closing. :( Dreams crushed we continued to explore the night life of the park. Towards the exit, about to leave, Devon spots a stand. It had barely any left but enough to fill our order! I was so excited! I love the caramel popcorn here.

With triumphant popcorn in hand we head to the bus stop. Though it was chilly, my wonderful Hunny kept me warm. We had a great time. Thankfully Hunny didn't have work till later the next day cause we were beat after our long eventful day.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for caramel popcorn! I like it when it is soft, not hard. What is Korean caramel popcorn like?

    ReplyDelete