Dec 30, 2012

Christmas

So while everyone here was going to Thailand for Christmas, Hunny and I took it easy, plus we beat the rush and are waiting till February to travel again. I am from a smaller family so presents and presentation was a little more done then in Hunny's family. His rule is that it has to fit in the stocking. But I loved as a kid waking up and seeing Santa's gifts laid out on the couch! Granted they got smaller and smaller and I know it isn't about gifts, but it is the surprise. Plus, books don't always fit neatly in a stocking. :) It works out for us because we stuff each others stockings and obviously if it is out everywhere we would see. So Hunny stuffed mine and went upstairs and I stuffed his. Tee hee! It is so fun being sneaky.

The next morning, since nothing was laid out to distract him, Hunny wanted to go out in the fresh snow and take pictures. since I am not one thrilled to be cold I put up a small fight but in the spirit of Christmas I donned my coat and out we went. Snap, pose, click. INSIDE!! Ahh... warm crock-pot egg breakfast. I should do crock-pot everything's more often. They are "easy", "worry free" and tasty.! Finally...to the opening of gifts! Stockings emptied, paper ripped, boxes opened. It seems silly but I love my glass bowls I got. Hunny got a new laser from Thailand that is super bright! We read some of Hunny's Calvin and Hobbes book and have gained a new appreciation for comic makers. Poor Hunny's gift was in the mail and hadn't made it, a nice new camera lens and neat filters for effects. My nice gift was in the mail too but Hunny came up with a much more clever way to tell me. He had wrapped a slab of wood decorated as a GALAXY NOTE 10.1!!!! >o< He had been pulling my chain the past so many days. I CAN'T WAIT for it to come in! I mean.... I LOVE MY HUNNY!!! Yay for gifts and giving and awesome technology.

After gifts and cleaning up, we took it easy and visited with family via Skype and prepared food for the evening's dinner and guests. We had are two best friends whom we have known the longest here who we frequently do games with, and have all sorts of dinners together, including Christmas last year. We enjoy their company and enthusiasm. We did a little gift exchange and ate dinner. Yummy food, oh and their PIE!! Oh! The best way to settle with a tight tummy is to end the night with a board game. Settlers of Catan it is! I will admit, I have become the nerd I used to pick on for playing that game. I love it and crave it. I am the reason we got it for our family. We had a delightful time, lots of leftovers, and memories made. We are grateful for our friends, Ran and Bran, and for this season to remember the Savior's birth and the opportunity to feel more charity. May we always remember the Savior and serve Him all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment